Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Abortionists...think you can "change their hearts and minds?"

These are the attrocities being committed by abortionists...do you really think that we can change their hearts and minds? These "men" are committing disgusting acts against humanity, without guilt or remorse. They are vile and nasty in their tactics, not to mention in the "upkeep" of their own practices...and if you think that all we have to do to stop abortion is shut down the 744 abortion clinics in the US...guess again...because as these articles demonstrate, it is PRIVATE practices in which MOST abortions take place!

KY abortionist charged with fraud and ‘gross negligence’ told screaming patient to ‘shut up’

Lexington, Jun 21, 2008 / 09:07 pm

(CNA).- A Kentucky abortionist has had his medical license suspended and is now under scrutiny for allegedly running a gruesome abortion clinic in Lexington where he committed Medicare fraud and put patients at risk in unsanitary, painful and possibly illegal abortions.

WHAS 11 reports that Dr. Hamid Sheikh has been indicted for allegedly billing Medicare for abortions he performed. The Attorney General’s fraud probe led the medical board to investigate further, leading to more allegations from the Kentucky medical licensure board.

A consultant for the board has concluded the abortionist committed “gross negligence” and “put his patients at risk.”

Dr. Sheikh denies the allegations.

Seven former patients have told investigators that the doctor did not perform ultrasounds to see if they were pregnant. Most claim they did not receive pain pills or anesthetics during procedures. Several reported dirty gowns, one reported blood on medical equipment, and another said Dr. Sheikh tried to perform a vaginal exam without a cover on the wand.

“There are some allegations in the medical board’s complaint that we didn’t feel comfortable describing,” WHAS 11 says in its report.

According to WHAS 11, a 17-year-old patient reported unbearable pain under the doctor’s care, while another woman alleges that Sheikh told her to “shut up” so women in the waiting room wouldn’t hear her screaming.

State investigators examined the records of 22 patients of Sheikh, finding that eight apparently did not wait the required 24 hours before their abortions. The clinic still stocked outdated medications and bio-hazardous materials from abortions had not been removed from the clinic in 12 weeks.

One Kentucky senator said that the problems might have been discovered sooner if Kentucky required inspections of offices that provide abortion services.

Dr. Sheikh says that he has served as a doctor for 33 years and has had no complaints until last year. He claimed that the state investigator was biased against him and in a written response to the medical licensure board he denies all the allegations against him.

Sheikh said he personally sterilizes his instruments and observes the 24-hour waiting period for an abortion. He asserted that those complaining about his work had a low threshold for pain or were upset they did not get any cash back.

The abortionist told a WHAS 11 reporter that he retired earlier in June.

“The horrific conditions discovered at Sheikh's mill are not the exception; they are what we have come to expect from America's failing abortion industry," said Operation Rescue President Troy Newman in a press release.

Read further here

Oh but wait...there's MORE:

Abortion Practitioner Accused of Killing Baby Born Alive After Botched Abortion

by Steven Ertelt

LifeNews.com EditorJune 24, 2008

Wichita, KS (LifeNews.com) -- An abortion practitioner in Kansas stands accused of killing a baby who apparently was born alive following a failed abortion procedure. Officials with the pro-life group Operation Rescue alerted LifeNews.com to the situation and said it involves infamous late-term abortion practitioner George Tiller.

Tiller runs the Women's Health Care Services abortion center in Wichita, Kansas and often employs other abortion practitioners there on a part-time basis.

The incident saw Shelley Sella, a California abortion practitioner sometimes employed by Tiller, intentionally stab to death an infant born alive during an abortion.

In this case, former Tiller employee Tina Davis told OR staff that the incident took place sometime in the last two years. Davis informed the pro-life group of the baby's horrific death in April and the organization reported it to the Wichita Police Department.

The pro-life group also notified the Kansas State Board of Healing Arts, which has confirmed that the case has been assigned to an investigator.

Sella reportedly splits her time with Tiller's abortion center, one in California, and smaller abortion centers across the country.

"Davis gave us a very specific eyewitness account about the incident," Operation Rescue president Troy Newman told LifeNews.com.

"We were told that the baby was 35 weeks gestation at the time of the abortion. The baby came out and was moving," he continued. "Sella looked up at Ms. Davis, then picked up a utensil and stabbed the baby in the left ribcage, twisting the utensil until the baby quit moving."

Newman said he hopes officials will investigate the incident as a murder case.

"At 35 weeks, there is no doubt about viability. This is murder in anybody's book," he said.

However, Newman acknowledged officials would have a tough time since the baby's body would have been incinerated at Tiller's on-site crematorium.

"Without a body, any murder case becomes more difficult," said Newman. "However, because of the brutality of this murder and the gravity of this charge, we are compelled to demand that Tiller's clinic be closed by the state until a full inspection and investigation can take place."

Read further here

No comments: